Jun 1, 2011






I took a few days off from writing to spend time with you and daddy over the long Memorial Day weekend.  Guess what you did?  You took your first dip in a pool!  OMG!  I’m so proud of you!  You were so good especially considering how cold the water was.  Thankfully it was a hot day so the water was more refreshing than cold.  I lathered you up with SPF 50+ a half an hour before we left the house.  You got to wear your new hot pink bathing suit and sun hat that Auntie Lola bought.  I bought you Huggies Little Swimmers too and they fit pretty well.  The smallest size was still a bit too large but I just folded over the top and, voila, perfection!  They are less bulky than your regular diapers, perfect for fitting under your bathing suit.  When I first put you in the pool, I gave you to daddy.  Daddy held you for about 5 minutes to get you used to the water before we put you in your SHADED ladybug swim float.  You can never have too much sun protection.  I want to keep that beautiful skin, well, beautiful and Cancer free!  You had a good time in the pool with Daddy, me, Nana, and Papa Joe.  You were so comfortable in your swim float that you almost fell asleep even in all the commotion.  The pool was packed with people, kids, babies, you name it!  We tried to stay in the least active section of the pool in an effort to keep you comfortable and more importantly SAFE.  You silently observed your busy surroundings watching the children splash around.  I can’t believe you are over 9 ½ months which now has me thinking of, Oh my God, your 1st BIRTHDAY!
So I’ve decided to have your first birthday at the house.  I already made out the guest list!  I’d like to take a stab at designing the invites myself, but not sure I’ll have time.  In the meantime I think I’ll be proactive and send a SAVE THE DATE email to family and friends. 
On a different note, sorry I didn’t take any pictures.  I wanted to get some of you in your bathing suit with your diva sunglasses on, but was petrified to bring my new camera near the pool.  Cameras and water just don’t mix!  I’m sure I’ll have plenty more opportunities anyway.  I do, however, have some pictures in my camera that I still haven’t downloaded.  I’m sure I’ll get to them at some point.
Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment