Jun 16, 2011








I don't know how many times I've done this!  In my effort to multi task I'll carry around a piece of dirty laundry and dirty diaper at the same time throwing the dirty smelly diaper in your hamper and the dirty laundry in your diaper genie.  Don't people multi task to save time?  It actually takes me more time to figure out what I've done and go fishing for the bib in your dirty diaper genie and now your dirty clothes smell like poop!  Oh crap (no pun intended)!  I'll have to work on this.

On another note, I gave you a bath tonight and washed your hair.  I could smell your freshly washed hair for the rest of my life.  I took advantage and put my nose to it as I fed you your last bottle of the evening.  Which by the way, gets me to thinkin'.  When are you going to hold your own bottle little girl?  I've tried to give it to you many times and you'll hold it for about a minute then start fussing!  I try to help you angle it right to make sure you are actually getting the liquid but you just get upset with me and push my hand away.  The last time I gave you your bottle in your high chair, it took you around 40 minutes to drink about 4 ounces.  You'd constantly put it in your mouth, then take it out and REPEAT.  Mommy didn't realize until she was washing your bottle later that night that I had mistakenly put a #1 nipple on it.  Oops!  My poor baby.  Now I realized that you were frustrated with how slow and difficult it was for the formula to come out.  Sorry baby!  Anyhow, my goal is to keep working with you on this.  You have to be holding your own bottle by your 1 year birthday which is only 2 months away.  C'mon now!  I have to admit, I haven't been trying that hard to teach you only because when you do hold the bottle yourself it takes you longer and you eat much less which makes me nervous!  I'm a sucker for your teary eyed 'help me mama' face too!  You are not even 1 year old and you've already got me wrapped around your tiny chubby finger.

Anyhow, love you baby.  Sleep tight and as daddy would say "I'll miss you while I sleep".


No comments:

Post a Comment