May 9, 2011







Our past few days, since last Friday, have been very active.  You’ve seen Auntie Lola and your cousins three days in a row.  We went to their house on Friday and Saturday and last minute plans brought them to our house on Sunday for Mother’s Day!  The weather turned out to be nicer than forecasted.  We took some walks around Auntie’s neighborhood and got to play with Ginger.  You love Ginger!  She is such a good dog.  You got to meet Papoo for the first time too!  He is visiting from Greece.  He couldn’t believe how much you resembled your daddy.  He held you for all of, maybe, two minutes.  Initially you were okay in his arms while I stood nearby but, he went in for a kiss and after that, you made a sad face and began to cry.  Mommy expected this much since, to you, he is a stranger.  I can only hope with him being here is the opportunity for that to change.
I was able to take many pictures over the past few days.  My favorite ones are below.  Some pictures of Auntie’s orchid made my Scrapbook page.  I’m thinking of getting a new camera, but we’ll see.  These days, I try to spend money only as needed.  I’d love to get Photoshop too, but it’s very expensive. 
Before I wrap this post up, I wanted to share some new things you’ve done.  I updated your “livvy didwhat” section with you using a level 4 nipple on your bottle.  You are also eating Stage 3 foods now.  You tried Pears & Blueberries yesterday and we have a WINNER! 
Oh, and I almost forgot but, I bought you a bicycle seat for daddy’s bike and a helmet from LL Bean.  I can’t wait to take you biking for the first time.  I’d like to take you on a bike trail that we pass on our way to Auntie’s house.  It looks so beautiful.  I have a feeling you are going to love it!  I’m a bit afraid that we may have a problem finding you a helmet to fit.  So far, we’ve tried on a bunch at a local bike shop but, they were all too BIG.  I thought that maybe your head is small but, apparently according to the Child Growth Chart Calculator on the babycenter website, 17.3 inches (44 cm) is between the 25th and 50th percentile for head circumference which is normal.  Hopefully the helmet I ordered fits.  We’ll see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment