May 4, 2011







I was yelling at Rocky this morning for trying to eat one of your hair bows and I thought to myself, as I chased him around the entire second level of the house, that this is my life now.  In these types of situations, I try to imagine myself from a distance like I was watching myself on television.  I laughed hysterically, almost deliriously, trying to maintain my balance as I fought to remove the hair bow from Rocky’s clenched teeth.  After a bit of tug o’ war, a little doggie drool on my sweatshirt, I was able to retrieve it intact.  What was I thinking?  You’d think at 8 years old, he’d know better.  At least he doesn’t eat his poop anymore.  I guess he’s making progress. 
Mommy’s life used to be contracts, conference calls, performance reviews, adult conversation etc.  Now, and just to name a few, it’s poopie diapers, pee pee dog crates, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, boogie sucking, ear cleaning, hair washing, nail clipping, bottle feeding, removing dried up squash and sweet potatoes from the belt buckles of your highchair (and my pants), book reading, nursery rhymes all while trying to find time to write blog posts looking out from behind dirty eye glasses smudged with tiny finger prints and tongue marks.  To think I was a little apprehensive in the beginning about quitting my job to be a stay at home mom.  I knew it was the right decision, but wasn’t sure I was going to like it or be any good at it.  Now, however, I don’t see myself doing anything else.  Don’t get me wrong it can be monotonous and predictable at times but also quite entertaining.  I feel like someone should be watching me on TV to share in the laughs.  I think being able to laugh at your self is healthy.  Lord knows it keeps me sane.
So, Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday.  It will be the first time that I will be celebrated and recognized as a mom.  At this time last year, I was just about going into my 3rd trimester of pregnancy.  I was uncomfortable and worried about the delivery.  I couldn’t wait to meet you and see what you looked like!  Although I’m supposed to be celebrated, I just wanted to take the time to tell you that you’ve change my entire world for the better so thank you!  It’s difficult to remember life before you and, to tell you the truth, I don’t want too.  Yeah I had a great life before, but it’s a million times more wonderful now that you are in it. 
Love you baby!






No comments:

Post a Comment